Robertson Fund for Cerebral Palsy Research
On behalf of the Robertson Fund for Cerebral Palsy Research, the Cumming School of Medicine and the Hotchkiss Brain Institute are pleased to announce the 2020 call for proposals.
Award details and use
The funds may be used to:
- Support basic or clinical research related to the detection, prevention, or treatment of Cerebral Palsy and/or related neurological enquiry
- Provide equipment to be used for research into Cerebral Palsy and/or related neurological enquiry
- Provide salary support to graduate students or fellows interested in pursuing research in Cerebral Palsy and/or related neurological enquiry
One grant of up to $50,000 will be awarded in this competition. The funds are intended to be spent over one year. Upon written request, a one-year extension may be granted. A written report of two pages is required at the end of the funding term.
Applicants must hold a full-time faculty position in the Cumming School of Medicine.
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file consisting of:
- Research proposal (1 page maximum)
- Budget with justification (1 page maximum; not to exceed $50,000)
- Figures and/or tables attachment (1 page maximum)
- References (no limit)
- Short CV (not to exceed 5 pages per applicant)
Applications must be submitted electronically as a single PDF to email@example.com by 18 January 2021.
Applications that meet eligibility criteria will be forwarded to a grant review committee. The committee will consist of a chair and at least 2 other members. After individual reviews, an in-person meeting or a conference call will be held to discuss the top ranked proposals in depth and the successful proposal will be selected by consensus. The committee may fund projects with a reduced budget if budget items are deemed unjustified.
This Fund will be recognized in any publications, presentation, or work product of this Award as the, “Robertson Fund Award.”
Dec 1, 2020
Call for proposals
Jan 18, 2021
Application deadline (5 pm)