Institutional Policies and Procedures
Institutional Policies and Procedures Relevant to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- This policy aims to ensure the provision of a University learning environment that: a) encourages full access, participation and success for Aboriginal students, and b) enriches all aspects of the intellectual and cultural life of the University of Calgary through full participation of Aboriginal students.
- The purpose of this policy is to establish the terms under which the University of Calgary implements employment equity under the Government of Canada Federal Contractors Program.
- The purpose of this policy is to enhance awareness of the rights and responsibilities of individuals subjected to, or who become aware of, Harassment.
- This policy aims to ensure: a) workers understand that Workplace Violence is considered to be a serious offence and will not be tolerated; b) those subjected to Workplace Violence have access to assistance in order to pursue a complaint; and c) those subjected to or aware of Workplace Violence are advised of available recourse.
- The purpose of this procedure is to outline the University’s application and review process for a request for Accommodation made by a Student with a Disability.
- The purpose of this policy is to set out the University’s Duty to Accommodate Students, in its role as a service provider, under the Alberta Human Rights Act.
- The purpose of this policy is to create an equitable, inclusive environment shaped by a culture of respect. This includes efforts to provide an appropriate response to Sexual and Gender-Based Violence.
- A “Protected Disclosure” means any disclosure: i. made pursuant to the Public Interest Disclosure (Whistleblower Protection) Act (Alberta); ii. involving an allegation of a breach of the Code of Conduct; or iii. involving an allegation of a breach of any other University policy where a Respondent is an Academic Staff Member, Appointee, Contractor, Volunteer or Postdoctoral Scholar. This procedure outlines the process by which: a) individuals may make a Protected Disclosure; b) the University will respond to a Protected Disclosure; and c) individuals will be protected from Reprisals for making a Protected Disclosure.