Research Day showcases HBI’s innovative and outstanding contributions to science and medicine.
Thank you to everyone whom joined us for the HBI’s 18th Annual Research Day, on Thursday May 26th
We had a great visit and lecture by our keynote, Dr. Mei Zhen, Professor, Department of Cell & Systems Biology, from the University of Toronto.
Following the Research Day program, all HBI members, students and staff were invited to a Welcome Back Reception dinner in the HRIC Atrium.
The Research Day program included:
- Talks by HBI researchers: Dr. Brandy Callahan, Dr. Roger Thompson, Dr. Patrick Whelan and Dr. Aravind Ganesh
- Presentations by the HBI’s Postdoctoral Researcher of the Year, and PhD Researcher of the Year: Dr. Jeff Dong (Dr. Wee Yong) and Anastasia Stepanchuk (Dr. Peter Stys)
- The popular Data Blitz session for trainees and Poster Session
- 1st place - Deepika Dogra
- 2nd place - Lauren Seabrook
- 3rd place - Sam Storey
Data Blitz Winner: Sierra Stokes-Heck