HBI Trainee Publication Award
HBI Education offers a $400 award to trainees in recognition of their publication successes.
The HBI Trainee Publication Awards recognize and reward trainees (graduate and postdoctoral) for quality neuroscience research. All trainee first-authored papers published in brain and mental health peer-reviewed journals are eligible.
Award: $400 (up to 5 available)
Terms of Reference:
- Trainee must have, as first author, a paper published in a recognized, peer-reviewed brain and mental health journal in the current competition's calendar year (ex. 2020 competition deadline is January 31, 2021. Papers published January - December 2020 are eligible).
- Review papers will not be accepted.
- Paper must have the Hotchkiss Brain Institute (HBI) listed in the banner.
- Trainee must be either a full-time postdoctoral fellow or graduate (MSc or PhD) student in good standing at the time of award deadline date.
- Trainee's supervisor must be a full member of the HBI.
- This award can only be received once per trainee per annual competition.
- If there are more applications than available awards, applications will be ranked and awarded according to criteria such as the impact of the work to the field (e.g. paragraph description, impact factor of the journal, originality)
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com and include the following:
- Trainee’s name and status (MSc, PhD or Postdoc)
- Supervisor’s name
- Full citation of the article
- Impact factor of the journal
- An electronic copy of the published article
- A paragraph written by the trainee detailing the main contribution of the paper to the field
Applications will be evaluated for eligibility by the HBI Education Director, and if necessary, ranked to determine recipients. In addition to a $400 award, successful applicants will have their publications recognized in the HBI's e-bulletin/ Brainworks.
Deadline: January 31
This program is subject to availability of funds.