The Mathison Centre will support its research vision by funding projects that meet the following criteria.
- Enhance collaboration between members and collaboration with other researchers.
- All proposals should include at least two members of the centre and have the potential to involve a number of investigators and students.
- Have the potential to leverage external funding.
- Enhance the centre's research infrastructure and the capacity of the members to successfully obtain team and operating grants.
- Align with the mission and vision of the centre
Application for research support will use existing application processes and decisions will be made using existing formal decision making processes within the Mathison Centre, Hotchkiss Brain Institute (HBI), the Cumming School of Medicine or the University of Calgary.
Current Funding Programs
HBI/Mathison Centre Pilot Research Fund Program (PFUN)
Upcoming Funding Programs
The Mathison Centre Open Research Grant Competition - Spring 2024
The Mathison Centre Open Research Grant Competition is a $50,000 award intended to support innovative ideas that will advance research priorities of the centre. In line with our mission, projects must demonstrate that they are multi and or inter disciplinary by including members from at least two of the centre’s 3 pillars of research – Basic Sciences (Pillar 1), Clinical Sciences (Pillar 2) and Epidemiology & Population Health (Pillar 3).
This competition is open to Mathison Centre Members ONLY.