The purpose of N3 is to enable collaboration and facilitate neurostimulation research. We strive to do this though several avenues:
- Maintaining expertise in neurostimulation and applications to clinical research and treatment
- Providing training for researchers new to neurostimulation
- Coordinating the sharing of neurostimulation equipment
- Consulting with researchers about study design and best practices
- Sharing neurostimulation knowledge through talks and courses
Neurostimulation is a tool that can be used for several purposes:
Investigation of neurological conditions and disorders, including:
- exploring neurophysiological changes in disease states
- as a potential treatment for some conditions such as depression
Probing human brain anatomy and connectivity, for example:
- mapping the motor cortex using TMS and recording EMG responses
- using paired-pulse TMS to explore how one cortical area modulates another
To learn more about how neurostimulation can be used in your research, contact us.
Click here for a list of active studies facilitated by N3.