Jackson Cone, PhD
I'm looking for...
Graduate Students via Psychology or Biomedical Engineering
Postdocs w/ experience in systems neuroscience, psychophysics, data science, optics, neurophysiology, or computer science
PhD Neuroscience, University of Illinois, Chicago, 2014
BA Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, 2008
Postdoc Neuroscience, University of Chicago,
Participation in university strategic initiatives
|Special Topics: Computational Behavioural Neuroscience
|Research in Brain and Cognitive Sciences
|Fall 2023 - Winter 2024
We are broadly interested in understanding how neuronal activity in sensory brain areas is decoded by the brain to generate perception and guide our interactions with the world.
Extended training in sensory tasks yields dramatic increases in perceptual sensitivity. However, the neurobiological mechanisms that facilitate this intriguing form of adult plasticity are poorly understood.
Our scientific objectives depend on continually developing ever more precise methods for manipulating brain activity in awake subjects.
- Arnold O. Beckman Postdoctoral Fellowship, Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation. 2016
- Outstanding Thesis Award (Life Sciences), University of Illinois, Chicago Graduate College. 2015
- New Investigator Travel Award, Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior. 2014
- Dean's Scholar Fellowship, UIC Graduate College. 2013
- TL1 Predoctoral Fellowship, UIC Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences. 2011
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.