The Hotchkiss Brain Institute
Healthy Brains for Better Lives
HBI Education offers up to 20 ($100) awards to recognize trainees’ publication successes.
The HBI Trainee Publication Awards are designed to recognize and reward trainees at all levels for quality neuroscience research. All trainee first-authored papers published in brain and mental health peer-reviewed journals are eligible for the award.
$100 (20 available)
- Trainee must have, as first author, a paper published in a recognized, peer-reviewed brain and mental health journal in the 2016 calendar year.
- Paper must have the Hotchkiss Brain Institute (HBI) listed in the banner.
- Trainee must be either a full-time postdoctoral trainee, graduate (MSc and PhD) or undergraduate (BSc and BA) student in good standing at the time of award.
- Undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral trainees must have a supervisor who is a full member of the HBI.
- This award can only be received once per trainee per annual competition.
- If there are more applications than available awards, applications will be ranked and awarded according to the impact factor of the journal.
Applications should include the following:
- Trainee’s name and student status
- Supervisor’s name (for graduate and postdoctoral trainees)
- Full citation of the article
- Impact factor of the journal
- An electronic copy of the published article
Submit applications by Monday, January 16, 2017 to:
Dr. Cam Teskey
Hotchkiss Brain Institute
Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary
c/o: Jason Ng (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications will be evaluated for eligibility by the HBI Education Director, and if necessary, ranked to determine recipients. In addition to a $100 award, successful applicants will have their publications recognized in the HBI's e-bulletin.