PhD Trainee External Specialist Course
There are courses offered throughout the world that can be of tremendous benefit to our trainees. This program will assist our students in accessing an important course and fill a need beyond what we can offer.
Terms of Reference
HBI Education can offer up to a maximum of $2000 for a pre-candidacy PhD student towards paying the cost associated with travel to take a course to fulfil their course requirements. These funds are designed to offset the costs of travel, accommodation and subsistence. There will be two competitions per year (March 15 and October 1) with up to two awards available per competition.
- The PhD student must be in good standing in their program, between the end of the first year and prior to their candidacy examination.
- Their supervisor must be a full member of the HBI.
- The course must satisfy a course requirement for credit (i.e. once course requirements are completed the student is not eligible).
- The course must not be available at the University of Calgary.
- This award can only be received once per applicant.
- The date of travel must occur within six months of funding being awarded.
- Applicants will not be considered retrospectively.
- The application form and all supporting documents must be submitted in English.
- Eligible expenses include travel, subsistence and accommodation.
- Receipts for all expenses must be submitted within one month of the completion of travel.
- At the end of the exchange, a presentation to their foundational theme and a 250-500 word report will be required that summarizes the results of their visit for publication on the HBI website.
This program is subject to the availability of funds.
Download the application form
Applications can be sent directly to email@example.com.
Questions can be directed to the Education Coordinator, Jason Ng (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application Deadlines: March 15 and October 1